What can we say – just delicious!
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 oz dark chocolate
- 2 fl oz milk
- 5 fl oz double cream
- ½ a vanilla pod
- 1 whole egg and 3 egg yolks
- 3 oz caster sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 °C, 325 °F, Gas 3.
- Put the chocolate, milk, vanilla pod (split lengthways) and cream into a heavy based saucepan.
- Bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, cream the egg, egg yolks and sugar together, using a wooden spoon.
- Pour in the melted chocolate mixture and blend.
- Strain into a jug removing the vanilla pod. Pour the mixture into oven-proof ramekins.
- Place them in an oven dish and pour in hot water to within ½ inch of the tops of the dishes.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the mixture is set like a custard.
- Remove the ramekins from the dish and allow to cool.
- Decorate with white chocolate curls or serve with some cream.