Not only is this quite delicious, but it is a really easy recipe and the end result is some of the most tender and tasty pheasant you’ve ever eaten. By using just the thighs, one avoids all the sinews which are in the lower part of the legs.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 2 packs of Pheasant Thighs (16 thighs);
- 2 tins Duck or Goose fat
- Coarse Salt,
- Fresh or dried Thyme.
- Place the Pheasant thighs in a dish, covering liberally with salt and thyme. You can put them in layers if need be.
- Cover with cling film and leave overnight or for at least 7 or 8 hours.
- Shake off the loose salt and thyme before placing in an oven dish.
- Cover with the duck or goose fat.
- Cook on a very low heat for 2 to 3 hours, turning once or twice to make sure the joints are covered in fat at all times.
- Remove from the fat and dry on kitchen paper.
- Serve on a mixed salad of soft leaves with some crusty bread