- 4 or 5 good sized potatoes
- 8 sunblushed tomatoes
- 3 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- fresh herbs from the garden (parsley, thyme, oregano etc..)
- good olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Peel the potatoes and cut into roughly 2 inch pieces.
- Boil in salted water for 10 minutes.
- Drain through a sieve and shake them about in order to roughen the outside of the potatoes.
- Spread out and allow to cool for a good hour.
- This helps them go nice and crispy when roasted.
- Meanwhile, peel and finely dice your shallots.
- Gently fry in a little olive oil until soft.
- Cover the bottom of an oven dish with olive oil and heat in the oven at 400°F /200°C / Gas 6 for a few minutes until the oil is hot.
- Add the potatoes, shallots, garlic.
- Stir everything around to coat with the hot oil.
- Cook for 45 minutes to an hour, turning them 2 or 3 times.
- After half an hour is up, add the sun-blushed tomatoes and a generous sprinkling of fresh herbs and return to the oven for a final 15 minutes or so, until the potatoes are wonderfully crispy and golden!.
- Add salt & freshly ground black pepper and serve with whatever you fancy!