This must rate as one of the sins – gluttony! But if you’re a chocoholic, you shouldn’t resist. And it’s quick and easy to make. If you don’t fancy the white chocolate inside, just add a few extra dark chocolate buttons. A splash of Don PX dessert wine (a very sweet and rich sherry) would be a delicious indulgence to accompany this dessert.
- 200g dark chocolate pistoles (64% + cocoa solids)
- 50g white chocolate pistoles
- 100g butter
- 120g caster sugar
- 2 soup-spoons flour
- 5 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 250 °C (gas mark 8).
- Melt the dark chocolate and the butter in a bain marie or in a basin over a pan of boiling water.
- Meanwhile take 8 ramekins, butter them and dust lightly with flour.
- Pour the melted chocolate & butter into a mixing bowl, add the sugar and eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the flour.
- Place the ramekins on an oven tray and fill them one third full with the mixture.
- Then sprinkle 8 or 10 white chocolate buttons on each and then fill to ¾ of the depth of the dish. Don’t overfill or the mixture will overflow.
- Place in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes. They are cooked when they have risen nicely, with a slightly cracked appearance on top and nice and gooey in the middle!