This is a stunningly simple recipe, either for a light meal or as a starter. We include two variations.
- 4 free range eggs, hard-boiled
- 125g white crab meat (or tinned tuna)
- homemade or good quality mayonnaise
- fresh parsley to garnish
- Cut the hard-boiled eggs in half lengthways.
- Take out the yolk, place it in a small dish and break up with a fork.
- Mix the crab meat (or tuna) with a small amount of mayonnaise seasoned with sea-salt and black pepper.
- Spoon generously into the egg whites.
- Sprinkle the yolk over the top and garnish with chopped parsley.
We’ve just tried a new variation of this using Smoked Haddock in a creamy béchamel.
- All you need to do is to poach the haddock in milk and then flake it.
- Make a white sauce using the haddock milk
- Fill your eggs with the mixture.
It is also very good!