This makes a delicious starter which couldn’t be simpler.
- 2 packets of flaky smoked salmon
- 4 ripe avocados
- 2 bags mixed leaves including some lamb’s lettuce and rocket, if you can get it
- chopped parsley to garnish
- Peel and slice the avocado, sprinkling with lemon juice so that it keeps its colour.
- Put in a large salad bowl with the salad leaves.
- For the Pesto vinaigrette add two teaspoons of good Pesto to one table spoon of sherry vinegar and three or four tablespoons of Extra Virgin olive oil.
- Do not pour the dressing over the salad until immediately before serving, or your nice crisp salad will go soggy!
- When ready to serve, dress the salad with the pesto vinaigrette, stir well, and divide onto your eight plates.
- Flake the smoked salmon on top of the leaves and finally, season with salt (fleur de sel will make it even more delicious!) and freshly ground pepper.
- If you’re into coriander, a small amount of fresh coriander sprinkled on top is nice.