Serves as many you care to share with.
- 4oz plain flour
- 1 egg
- ½ pint milk
- salt & pepper
- Combine the milk and the flour to make a smooth paste.
- Gradually beat in the milk, adding salt & pepper.
- Leave to stand in the fridge for an hour or so.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Put the sausages in a deepish roasting tin or oven dish with a little oil or dripping.
- Cook them for 10 minutes.
- Increase the heat to 200 °C.
- Take the batter out of the fridge and beat it thoroughly again to make it light and airy.
- Pour over the hot sausages and return to the oven for around 20 minutes until golden brown and crispy.